Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hoop Jam in Port Melbourne this Sunday

That Girl is doing a jam in Port Melbourne over the next few weeks. Here is what she had to say:

"The following dates and times for hula hoop jams are confirmed:

29/3, 26/4, 31/5, 28/6

That's the last Sunday of every month at 3pm to 4.30pm, at Port Melbourne Neighbourhood House, cnr Liardet and Nott Sts - entry via Liardet St.

Now, there will be 2 tiers of payment: Those that want to just get together and jam and swap tricks, and those who would like more personalised lessons. Makes it tricky, I know, but I need to ensure that the venue costs are covered (we're doing venue hire as we never know whether it will rain or not).

Cost will likely be:

Jam contribution (goes towards hire and admin): $10
Personalised Lessons: $17

I will be unable to make the last 2 dates as I am away on tour in Canada, BUT I have several amazing teachers lined up for those sessions, as long as people will be there for them. So... I will need confirmation a week before each one, to ensure numbers. Please rsvp back to me via email as soon as possible for the first one (sunday week). I am excited about these jams and think they'll be heaps of fun!"

I haven't picked up the hoop in quite a few weeks. This is a good opportunity for me to get back into it.

I ordered a heap of hula hoop connectors from the USA in both 1" and 3/4" connectors. I thought I'd just go for it but they are 1 mm to smallinside the tubing!
**&#% AAArgh!!!!!!

I think it's the imperial to metric conversion with the poly tubing out here. I've decided to try and find a plastics moulder for prototypes and see if I can get some made up to fit the polytubing here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u


    Moulders Melbourne Australia

    ReplyDelete